Saturday, April 25, 2009

S orphanage visit

Sumi is a long drive. Bumpy roads all the way. Masha and I sat up front to enjoy the drive.
Haley agreed to take her medicine last night and this morning.

We drove up to the orphanage and Ir was walking between buildings. I was amazed she was wearing the same jacket and jeans we saw her in last year. It was easy to spot the red jacket. As you get closer to the jacket you see how old and worn it is. She jumped up and down and called to me and ran to me. Then the others piled out of the van. Hugs for all. She said Ri, Ri so we went in to find her. We chatted for awhile. It was good to see them.

We asked to take them to McDonalds. Last year it was suggested we do this. This year we had to take the whole class. Only 3 would fit with us in the van. The driver had to make 2 or 3 trips. This was a fincial surprise to take them all. Milkshakes are not common in Ukr. I wondered how many had one for the first time?

This was Ir first time to the McDonalds in S. She has lived there awhile. Ri had been with older friends.

When the first group left, a few of us went across the street to get bananas for the kids and chocolate.

Often we meet one kid that sticks out to us. The same one stuck out to the three of us awake. I'd love to bring him on the hosting program and he would love to come. We have not worked out the finanaces for hosting. I do good to take a deep breath some days. The boy reminds me of my new son. Cute as can be. He told us alot about himself. Sad, he is too big for my suitcase.
Ok, I added and it disappeared. Trying again...
Pray for the orphans....their life stories....our heavenly dad knows all.
Reality: Ma, Ra and I are sad. It is hard to say good bye. I wish we had more time in S.

I don't know how long we will be in Ukr. We will try to leave this city Mon and go to Kiev. We have some paperwork to do to leave this city. Waiting on passports, etc. I scheduled tickets for May 7. Ire says passports will be in Kiev May 5. Troy may have his birthday here too...May 6.