Thursday, April 23, 2009

A hard day

Yesterday the kids did not want to go to school. Anna woke us all up at 6. I did not get to go back to sleep. They had stayed up late the night before, because of the excitement of being the first night here together. We did a little with the flash cards to work on their English. Finally. This was my first attempt to teach them. They have been in school 6 days a week. They were tired when we get them. I had decided to wait until we had them all day to start working on the alphabet.
Haley started the morning off being mean to her sister. (The side affects from seeing family yesterday.) Later they were using inappropriate language. I firmly told them to stop. Haley decided she wanted to go to the orph. Unfortunatly she told Anna she would not be back. Anna cried and cried. Haley came back to rescue her? I had told Anna she was coming back. Haley stayed mad and told the orphanage. She told the workers she wanted to sleep there. I said I thought that was best and that she wanted to skip school today but if she was going to sleep there she should go to school. Later she found out that she had to go to school and was not happy with me. I have very little ways of punishing them here. Her punishment is school. I also think she needed the time to say bye to her friends.
We took Anna, Troy, a freind Tan and Oksanna (V) to pizza and ice cream. Tan was having trouble in school and I had hoped for time to just be with her. She was about the only one outside yesterday. She is in Haley's class but they do not like eachother. I had met her in 07 and pray for her. She has hung out with Rachel and I alot. I was glad they gave us permission to go. We had a good time. Nice day for a walk. Troy did use bad language at dinner. I told him to stop. He said he would sleep at the orphanage and I said ok. (Ok, do they really think them sleeping at the orphanage is hurting me?)
On the way back I asked him where he would sleep. He did no know. Masha and I went to make sure Anna's teacher knew she would be sleeping with us. Troy had disappeared and reappeared. He was going home with us.
We had a nice quiet evening. Much needed. My sinus drainage and headache are not making things easier. I was glad to see Troy draw. It is the first time I have known him to sit still that long. Anna played quietly. We started watching a movie. Anna fell asleep. It is after 9 and they are still asleep. A quiet moment.
Today we will buy pants for Troy and Anna, a soccer ball for a teacher, and have a party for their classes. Troy made a long 9 item wish list of things for the party.
They are awake.
Yesterday we did some paperwork. There is a new rule. A new 10 day waiting period. We are hoping this can be waived. The papers we filled out were different from the ones Vicki filled out. We will know more this afternoon. Passport paperwork will be filled out today.
Yesterday, waiting on the van, I prayed it would hurry up and pick us up. God said "Is not my timing perfect?" Again I started praying for something. Again God repeated "Is not my timing perfect?" Many of you know I have prayed specifically for God's perfect timing. When they told me we would not be leaving in the next day or two, I admit I was not thrilled. But then I remembered: God's timing is perfect. I have to be content where I am. I am to be content in His timing. I am praying about whether the children will go back to the orphanage at all after today. Anna will not go back to class. The other 2 are older. Seeing their friends is important. But saying goodbye over and over is hard on them and me. So we will pray and party today.
Tomorrow Sumi!!!! We are glad to have this worked out.
Sunday the children have free time at the orphanage. That is a good time for them to hang out with their friends. We must decide when to end the visits there.
Thank you for your prayers. The journey is a little longer than expected. We are all getting a little weary. I am glad we did get enough sleep last night.
Masha is translating for us and translating documents. She is busy. We try to give her the time she needs. Please pray for her to be rested. She is such a blessing to us all.