Monday, May 4, 2009

Irpene

It has been awhile.
Yes, we have been here forever. How long in forever? Over 6 weeks. Maybe we will get to go home the end of this week. I'm not hearing any answers. I really wish we had never been told it would probably take less time.
It's a holiday. Yes, no work on Fri or today.
We left Poltava for Kiev. We stayed there 3 days. We had no place to go. We moved to Irpene with a family. We are in 2 rooms and sharing the kitchen. I am blessed to say we are with a Christian family. It was akward, at first. Four days later we have been able to go to a store and get food. We went to a tiny store before that. Cheese, bread, a bag of milk, not much to choose from. (no apples or bananas). For days we ate sandwiches....all day. We bought meat at the store. We had hot dogs for lunch, pork steaks for dinner and chicken for lunch today. We are out of meat.
We are an hour away from Kiev. No car. We tried for the 4th time to go to the zoo today. It is a walk, 2 buses and metro from here; not open today. Rachel's bored.
Today is the first day Vlad washed a dish. He also peeled 1 potato. I told him if he did not he did not eat. He is beginning to believe me.
Anna is having no sweets, coke or cookies today. She really pushed it last night at bed time. We have a fizzy apple drink. She tried to get some for lunch. Nope. It is sweet.
I like the parents here. One night I told the kids to go to bed. They did not. The parents turned off the tv and said I had told them to do to bed. They went!