Thursday, April 9, 2009

Prayer needed today

I should have posted last night. We were too tired. We were trying to go to bed early. We did not end up in bed until after 10. With 6 of us and 1 computer, computer time is divided. My equal share is after they go to bed. Ricky usually has it the morning. Last night we had the giggle hour, pillow fights included. The kids tell me my rule is not to sing with headphones in. Well after trying to get them to sleep for 30 min. I decided I needed to sing to them. I'm thinking ok when we add 3 more to these 2 bedrooms I may be up every night trying to get them to sleep. Oh what fun? The laughs are fun....the lack of sleep is not.
Yesterday was a hard day for us. Most of us were tired. The littlest threw her second tantarum. The oldest did not like us putting her to bed for it. I gave the oldest permission to put her to bed next time. She did not like that either. The youngest was over the situation in a few minutes. She knew she had was wrong in her behavior. The oldest, well it took her a little longer to get over it. (This is one of those choices to handle it now or at home. I think the other 4 would have had a littly mutany if I had let this go. They know my rules.)
At dinner the oldest asked if she could pray. This is the first time for her to pray at a meal here. She prayed we would work out our problems, thanked God for us and the food. I loved it.
I'm sharing this because the reality is everyone who adopts will have challenges they face. They will all be different. It is hard for these teens to leave their friends. Their friends have become their family. Our oldest 2 have bonded. The boys have bonded. Ricky and I get our hugs every time they see us and when they leave us, but they are not yet bonded to us like they are our children. We love the hugs. We also see them hug others. The littlest has allowed me to comfort her in her time of sorrow. I'm surprised we are to that point already. The oldest thinks she is to old to be parented. The boy, well he will do what it takes to get to our home. He is quick to respond, with words, to others telling him what to do. He takes it well when I remind him we must be respectful of adults and listen. I do not want them giving the workers a hard time. I want him to be respectful. I'm glad he is listening.
The 3 have not had any chores. They are at school most of the day. The 4 are doing some. We do not know how much time we will have with them after court. We do not know if they will continue to go to school or not. Praying over this.
How much these children eat amazes me. The littlest had and apple, bannana, chicken burger, tons of these cheese puff type things, and another apple. She was too full for desert. Every day they ask for chocolate. So I try to buy a chocolate bar cut it into squares and the whole family gets a square or 2 a day. I think they like going back and saying they had chocolate. We figure a square a day won't hurt them. With 10 of us that's all you get from one chocolate bar.
So today we have a meeting. We hear we are lucky to be this far. We pray all goes well today. We know that we are doing what God called us to do. Therefore we believe we have God's favor in this matter. Therefore God will do things in His timing and in His way. To God be the glory.