Monday, April 13, 2009

Bought train tickets

The kids watched a movie before school this morning.

Another long day. Masha and I met a friend at the train station to buy tickets for Ricky, Andrew and Amy. They leave at 9 in the morning. They leave Kiev and Ukraine at 12 Wednesday. Masha will go with them, by train to Kiev. She will stay there until after Easter on the 19th. We will probably see her on Monday the 20th.

Rachel, Heather and I will stay here with no interpreter and no computer. So I will not be blogging for about a week. I will still get my emails on my Blackberry. My responses will be short so don't take offense. I am not quick at texting. I can not reply to Facebook on my Blackberry.

I am glad Masha will get to spend Easter with her family. I know her husband misses her. I want her to spend some time with him. Her sister is getting married soon. I'm sure she will want to spend time with her too. (To me Easter is a family time. I did not want her to miss that because of us.)

I asked Andrew what he wanted to do his last day here. He wanted to go to the mall ice skating. Masha and I arrived there first and went to the grocery store there to buy some movies. We bought snacks for the kids. After eating fruit they went ice skating. Vicki and her 3 came in time for skating. They waited on the train and rode it around the mall.

Our crew went to Burger Club for dinner. After that Ricky and Andrew took the kids back, one last time. Haley was not feeling well.

We had company over for tea and cake. We enjoyed spending time talking. They brought us cany, cookies and a new hazelnut carbonated drink. We like it. We did not like the bread drink we had bought earlier in the week.

Prayer requests: for safe travel for Ricky and the kids. For our safety here. For wisdom in getting around on our own. (We may have to call Masha in Kiev to order us a taxi!)

On a sad note: Ricky and the 5 kids were walking back to the internot to get the older 2 today. Rachel noticed a man lying face down on the ground. She called Ricky's attention to him and asked if Ricky was going to help him. He was blue. Many people just kept walking by. This was on a small children's playground. We walk through it almost every day. Ricky guessed the man was in his mid 40's and that he had been dead for awhile. Ricky had trouble trying to find someone willing to call the police. Finally, someone did call them. I was glad Masha and I were buying the tickets and missed seeing this. But 5 of our kids did see it. They didn't understand why people were not willing to help. I'm sure this subject will come up again. We don't know if the man had family or anything about him.

Anna has made friends in the neighborhood. She loves attention. These girls enjoy playing with her. Ricky has been tagging along while I cook or clean. Things will be different with one adult here.

We live in the country at home. I like the country. Here we live in a concrete jungle. There is apartment building after apartment building. Tons of them that are all around us.