Friday, April 3, 2009

Yes, we had the meeting

We had our meeting today. All went well. We hope to get a court date soon.
We started school this morning. We found out that 2 from Lifeline would be coming with Sasha. So we cleaned house! I ran to the store to get essentials; toliet paper and cookies. They arrived and very shortly after we left. We left them here with the 4 kids and Masha. We went to the orphanage to get the children. The person had requested that all 3 children be there so he could ask them questions. All the children were in their school uniforms. It was break time and they were enjoying the sunshine. So we were able to see several of the kids. The English teacher was in charge of watching them on break so we talked to her a few moments.
I think the most important question of the day was to the kids. He asked them if they wanted to be adopted. They said yes. I think he truly wanted what was the best for the children. He wanted to know that they wanted to be adopted, firsthand.
The Carter's day went well too. They had their court date. Kelly will be leaving to come home. Linda will stay with Vicki a few more days. Vicki sounded very relieved. Ricky talked with Kelly awhile.
After we returned from our meeting Ricky explained that if they made it to Kiev in time they could file our papers. So off they went. Short visit.
Ricky played soccer with the kids. We watched the movie "Amazing Grace". I had given it to Ricky for his birthday. We were looking forward to watching it. I cooked dinner. The kids had to go back so off in the taxi. They rest of us took a walk to see what was near. Not much. Not that we need anything. It's just fun to get to know the area. We are on a edge of Poltava. We are 15 min walk to the city, uphill. There is a large wheat factory here. We, on certain streets, have a great view of one of the churches. It is the one near the columns.
So good news. Progress for both families.
God is good. His grace is amazing. We are praying for wisdom to know His plans for us here. We still see this as a grand adventure. We have submerged ourselves into the culture as much as possible. I've gotten myself into conversations that I have no idea what they are saying. Sometimes a little of the language is not a good thing. Some of the store workers know me now. They know I have no idea how many kilograms I want and will show them with my hands. It is getting easier. Yes, I do go to the store without Masha sometimes. Other times I'm thrilled she is with me!