Friday, May 15, 2009

Allergic to Milk?

God is so good. When in Ukraine one of my children informed me she was allergic to milk. The other 2 agreed. So she did not drink milk.
Sometimes I'm a little slow. It did not occur to me when I bought ice cream cones for the kids that she was eating "milk". The lie continued. (Ricky was not in Ukraine when she had ice cream. So my plan included him.) Since we have been home I discussed the problem with Ricky. I asked him to back me up. She again did not want milk. If she is allergic to milk she can't have ice cream. The first test was serving her tea for breakfast and the rest had milk. She complained. The next day we had cereal for breakfast. Oops I poured her milk....well another kid had to have that bowl and dry cereal for her. Again a few days later....dry cereal. Ricky was kind enough to take the dictionary and show her the word allergic when we ate our ice cream. "Yanizniyou"....."I don't know". The lie continues. The others are watching her pay the price.
I must say I did take too much pleasure in buying so many kinds of ice cream. I wanted the lie to have some affect. Now I am praying that when we use the interpreter she will admit the lie. I know she has drank milk while we are not watching. How long does she think it will last.
I'm glad God allows us to catch our kids in their lies. It gives them a chance to grow and learn. I want them to understand that lies are sin. God hates sin. Sin has punishment. We could have given in and ignored the milk lie and let her have the ice cream. I just feel this lesson will help prevent other lies.
I don't want this used against the kids. I just want others to know some of the creative ways we must parent these precious gifts from God.