Wednesday, May 20, 2009

No school, no eat.

I sit here in the school room trying to type for the first time since we returned home. I've tried to find time for the computer. We will see how this works today.
We had some boy trouble on Monday. So I laid down the law. "No school, no eat." The reply "Ok". No going outside. Grumbling and upstairs he went. A few minutes later he climbed off the back balcony and went bike riding for over and hour. He was afraid to come near the house. Up and down the driveway he went. I called Ricky and said we need a plan. Ricky came home and did not see him. He wanted to look for him. I said no, just cook dinner, on the grill. Troy showed up. The smell invited him home. He told Ricky I said "No school, no eat." He went straight upstairs without talking to me. He stayed up there the rest of the night. Yes, he got hungry. No he was not willing to do any school or ask for food.
The next day. No breakfast = no school? He thought if he did not eat he did not do school work. I called, he did not come. The other kids told me what he said. Noon he was still sleeping in bed. Ricky came home from lunch and and was assigned the job to get him in the school room. He did stay. Troy did not run. He sat and did his school all afternoon. Yeah!!! After about an hour of school I fed him lunch. He worked more. At dinner time we had him unload the dishwasher before eating, a first for him.
Ricky and I both received hugs throughout the night. He had been allowed to do no school at the orphanage. By lunch time I had decided he was testing us to see if we cared if he did it or not. We did let him sleep till noon. He did his school. We both won.
This morning he came down when called. If I am in the room with them they are doing their school. Ok, that is the same with the others.

WE WILL BE HOSTING THIS SUMMER. TWO GIRLS WILL BE COMING FROM SUMI. THEY ARRIVE AROUND JUNE 6. WE ARE VERY EXCITED TO HAVE THEM COME. PLEASE PRAY FOR GOD'S WILL IN THIS HOSTING.