Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Prayer

The last week I have been finding out as much as possible about hosting. There are a few paths that could be taken. I sat at a stop sign trying to choose which way to go. I had 4 choices. 2 were easily discarded. 2 were equally apealling. First choice: quick jump to the interstate, maybe longer in distance but higher speed. Second choice: slower speed, lots of red lights but a straighter shot. Do I take the easier road or risk the straight and harder path and end up stopped at lights? I chose the straighter path. This is one of those times that I'm in the car with my children and talking to God like I'm alone. I chose to have the possiblility of being stopped. Why? Because I don't want to take the easy road in life. I want to be willing to serve God in whatever He calls me to do. It was the conversation between God and I that there are easy roads in life but they are not always the best way to go. A few minutes later, I had the radio on, a traffic report comes on. Accidents on 2 of the roads I chose not to take. Honestly I was thanking God for the confirmation I had chosen the right path.

My Aunt Wanda is in the hospital. She has been told she has cancer and 4-6 weeks to live. We were uncertain of her salvation. She has prayed and ask Jesus in her heart. God's perfect timing and the Holy Spirits prompting are awsome. One more in the kingdom of God!!! Please pray for her and her only child, Teresa.

Prayer request from me:
The path to take in hosting. The number to host and how long.
Which churches will be involved and how they will help.
We will need bunk beds, mattresses, sheets, comforters, meals, a 12 or 15 passenger van, maybe another fridge or freezer, activities, clothing for the orphans (they may come only with the outfit they are wearing) and helpers.
God's perfect provision.

But I prayed, "Now strengthen my hands." Nehemiah 6:9