Sunday, April 6, 2008

Rejoice in Hope

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; He rescues those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18 I don't understand God's big picture. I do trust Him. My understanding is the youngest of the 3 we hope to adopt will be coming this summer for 2 weeks. Not expected by me. I dared not hope for them coming. Bittersweet was going to be my title. It didn't give God enough thanks.
I grieve for the oldest. One of our first conversations was because of the sadness in her heart from not getting to come last year. So I pray for her strength, wisdom and hope. God loves them more than I do. I await his plan.
I Thess 16 Be joyful always; 17 pray continually
I am filled with joy over the thought of being able to see the youngest again. I am already praying about self control. I'd love to scoop her up and give her a hug and a kiss. Praying for God's wisdom and to be in His will.

On a fun note: Riding home Amy's in the back seat talking to Andrew and Heather. I hear Amy say, "I want to have one and adopt a family. I mean the kids not a mom and dad." I'm ready to cry. At 8 she's already thinking about adopting. Rejoicing in hope for others.