Wednesday, July 22, 2009

God's strength

God led me to a scripture this morning that I have been thinking about. It was in my devotion this morning. I picked it up thinking "What does God have for me today?"
I like the KJ version better: "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord." Isaiah 55:8
My way would be that every orphan brought here would have a family immediatly fall in love with them and seek after them. That these children would all have a forever home. But my ways are not God's ways. I know my Heavenly Father has a plan. I just do not know what His plan is. I am trying to be obedient in what He called us to do this summer. Parenting 9 kids is a challenge. I have little time to spend one on one with them. I don't feel God called us to adopt the 2 we are hosting. I never felt Him calling us to do this. There are some children my heart longs for in Ukraine. God puts them on my heart to pray for them. I know not their future but I know who holds the future. I know not to question God's plans. I do wonder why sometimes. When in the trenches I remind myself Jesus asked if it was possible to not have to go through the suffering for God to let is pass. Jesus suffered. So I accept that life as a Christian is hard work! If I'm not working hard then what am I doing for my Savior? Jesus did so much for me. Hosting 2 this year adopting 3....some think we are crazy. I think we are being obedient.
"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strenght; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall wank, and not faint." Isaiah 4o:31 When I am weary....God gives me His word to strengthen me. When I admit my weakness He gives me His strength.
"Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." 2 Corinthians 12:10
I pulled out my King James version of the Bible. It was like seeing an old friend. I used it for around 15 years. My mom bought it for me as a gift as I left for a summer mission trip. There are many versions of the Bible out there. At Community Bible Study we use the New International Version. Now at church they use the New American Standard. Just read God's Word.