Friday, July 17, 2009

Much needed laughter

We had a good day at a pool. I decided I was getting too depressed and needed some down time. We splashed and played for hours. It was cloudy and we did not use sunscreen so those of us with fair skin are .... red.

With 9 kids in the house the summer clean out is not getting done. In fact the things I moved from Amy's room to our room is still in a pile. Usually I spend a day or two getting the school room ready for next year. We have not had time to do it yet. I wanted to make bookshelves before school started. I pray that still happens. School is coming too soon.

The hosted girls are calling me mom all the time now. Their hugs are sweet and safe. By safe I mean before they hugged me but it was guarded. Now they trust us and the hugs are from the heart.

Haley, Heather, Amy and Anna all participated in the VBS classes. Rachel, Troy and Andrew helped where needed. It was a joy to see the 4 girls singing tonight. At the end they told the kids to sit with their parents so all 4 girls sat on me! Twice. Ira and Rita enjoyed the program. They both learned several verses this week! I was so proud of them.

We are praying about the schedule.

Rachel and Andrew were very disappointed the youth trip to Six Flags was canceled. We hope to arrange to take them. Disappointments are a part of life. Mom fixing them is a part of life too.

I needed the laughter today. The pool was almost empty. That was great. I would have canceled, because of cloudy skies, if Heather had not had a friend going with us. I am glad we all went.

I am thrilled to mention the 3 families we know in Ukraine adopting had their court date today and all went well. They begin their 10 day wait before doing more paperwork.