Saturday, August 15, 2009

Different Parts

It always amazes me to hear how God puts things together. I love to hear the stories. I believe God's timing is perfect. He uses different things to keep us in His perfect timing.

John is from India and a pastor at a Christian church in India. He was my nephew's camp counselor a few years ago. My sister in law, Tena, was camp nurse. John came to stay with their family for awhile after camp. My brother and Tena work. We went with John to the zoo. We enjoyed spending time with him. We stayed in touch by email. John and I talked about the work God was doing through us with orphans. Later we talked and John said he felt led to have orphans living in their home. Wow! We had a heart for children in common. John is visiting the U.S. Last night he cooked us an Indian dinner. He told us he had 7 orphans living with them now there are over 20. We enjoyed seeing pictures of his family, church and the children. Then, as we were leaving, he told us that he had used our names in church talking about our working with orphans. Wow! God laying on our hearts to work with orphans had an effect in India. All of those that contributed to that first trip to Ukraine in 07, are joint heirs to a part in this. It is amazing the way God timed our meeting.
"A merry heart doeth good like medicine." Proverbs 17:22
In a time where we had not been seeing much fruit or understanding God's plan, what a awesome blessing that our Heavenly Father saw fit to show us that our work for Him is making a difference. We serve God because we love Him. We love others because He first loved us.
These 2 precious girls, well, they are loving on me lately. These are hugs of wanting comfort, missing us already and knowing we truly care about them. The seeds that were planted this summer....no telling what God will do with them. I hope I hear some of some fruit. But I trust my Heavenly Father knows best and His plan is best.
Yulyia is a dear friend to our family. I met her last summer. Her father in law stopped at a church while they were working. Then he suggested to his son and family they attend the church. We needed a translator last summer. Ricky works with a guy that goes to the church and we have friends there. They told us about her. We called and she came to help. I asked her if I came to her church would she translate for the children. She graciously said yes. She teaches them Sunday School and Wed. night in Ukrainian. God's word in Ukrainian in a small country church in Alabama. Is that not amazing.
The past few days Haley is getting closer to me again. She put up a guard when the girls arrived. Anna was so jealous tonight when I was talking to another little girl her size. She wanted all the attention. So I jump roped with her. (That was a funny sight.) She loved it. Troy and Andrew had the "joy" of serving family by sitting with grandad and cutting grass. They needed to give to others. They went to sleep quickly tonight. They cut the neighbors yard too and worked for 4 hours in the heat.
I was blessed God used me to encourage another homeschool mom tonight. After having a lonely summer I could immediately recognize the symptoms of wanting to talk to an adult. I was also blessed to see a few of my CBS buddies tonight and spend time with them.
"I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase." I Cor 3:6 I don't care which part God uses me for in His work. I just want to be used by God to make a difference in the lives of others.