Monday, July 7, 2008

I know many of you think we were crazy to host 6 orphans. Now we are expecting to host 8. Pray for us. God's perfect provision and timing. We must trust in God in all things, the big and the small. Faith in humans is even a harder task for me. I'm trusting God to walk us through this adventure.
My hands are white with stain. This is my break from working on our new cabinets. I've never been very good at self motivation. Lazy comes to mind. Now there are so many jobs to do it is hard to know where to start. I prefer new task to the old ones. Sanding, staining and soon to varnish are all therapy for me. Time to think things through. Yes, it is hard work too.
God prepares us in advance to do good works (Eph 2:10). Yet we must still walk in faith to do them. What good works were left undone due to laziness? What blessings were missed? My goal: to hear "Well done my good and faithful servant". Dying to my desires and living for God's.
"Wait upon the Lord" Is 40:31. In a day of hurry up and quick fixes we must wait on God for His answers. We pray God sends the children to us in His time. We pray the money collected is spent wisely for God's kingdom work. We pray these children see the love of God in us and through us. That they gain hope and joy from their visit here. We pray for helpers and friends to spend time with these children. That things don't have to go perfectly but smoothly. We pray the right chaperon comes to our home.
Back to staining.